MapServer 8.0.1 Documentation¶
The entire documentation is also available as a single PDF document
If you are upgrading from an earlier version of MapServer, be sure to review the MapServer Migration Guide.
Documentation for earlier versions of MapServer can be found on the Download page.
- Cartographical Symbol Construction with MapServer
- Display of International Characters in MapServer
- GEOMTRANSFORM - Geometry Transformations
- Symbology Examples
- Union Layer
- XML Mapfile support
- MapServer Migration Guide
- MapServer 7.6 to 8.0 Migration
- MapServer 7.4 to 7.6 Migration
- MapServer 7.2 to 7.4 Migration
- MapServer 7.0 to 7.2 Migration
- MapServer 6.4 to 7.0 Migration
- MapServer 6.2 to 6.4 Migration
- MapServer 6.0 to 6.2 Migration
- MapServer 5.6 to 6.0 Migration
- MapServer 5.4 to 5.6 Migration
- MapServer 5.2 to 5.4 Migration
- MapServer 4.10 to 5.0 Migration
- Output Generation
- OGC Support and Configuration
- MapServer OGC Specification support
- Accessing OGC services over HTTPS
- WMS Server
- OGC API : Features
- INSPIRE View Service
- WMS Client
- WMS Time
- WMS Dimension
- Map Context
- Layer Metadata
- WFS Server
- INSPIRE Download Service
- WFS Client
- WFS-T Server
- WFS Filter Encoding
- WCS Server
- WCS Use Cases
- SOS Server
- MapScript Wrappers for WxS Services
- drawEPP(): EPPL7 support is not available
- loadLayer(): Unknown identifier. Maximum number of classes reached
- loadMapInternal(): Given map extent is invalid
- msGetLabelSize(): Requested font not found
- msLoadFontset(): Error opening fontset
- msLoadMap(): Failed to open map file
- msProcessProjection(): no options found in 'init' file
- msProcessProjection(): No such file or directory
- msProcessProjection(): Projection library error.major axis or radius = 0 not given
- msQueryByPoint: search returned no results
- msReturnPage(): Web application error. Malformed template name
- msSaveImageGD(): Unable to access file
- msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Image Size out of range, WIDTH and HEIGHT must be between 1 and 2048 pixels
- Unable to load dll (MapScript)
- Where is the MapServer log file?
- What books are available about MapServer?
- How do I compile MapServer for Windows?
- What do MapServer version numbers mean?
- Is MapServer Thread-safe?
- What does STATUS mean in a LAYER?
- How can I make my maps run faster?
- What does Polyline mean in MapServer?
- What is MapScript?
- Does MapServer support reverse geocoding?
- Does MapServer support geocoding?
- How do I set line width in my maps?
- Why do my JPEG input images look different via MapServer?
- Which image format should I use?
- Why doesn't PIL (Python Imaging Library) open my PNGs?
- Why do my symbols look poor in JPEG output?
- How do I add a copyright notice on the corner of my map?
- How do I have a polygon that has both a fill and an outline with a width?
- How can I create simple antialiased line features?
- Which OGC Specifications does MapServer support?
- Why does my requested WMS layer not align correctly?
- When I do a GetCapabilities, why does my browser want to download mapserv.exe/mapserv?
- Why do my WMS GetMap requests return exception using MapServer 5.0?
- Using MapServer 6.0, why don't my layers show up in GetCapabilities responses or are not found anymore?
- Where do I find my EPSG code?
- How can I reproject my data using ogr2ogr?
- How can I help improve the documentation on this site?
- What's with MapServer's logo?