MapCache Version 1.4 Announcement¶
|Authors:||Project Steering Committee|
The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapCache 1.4
This 1.4 release brings a number of major new features that are summarized in this document.
- REST Caches
- Meta Caches
- Sqlite caches now support custom schemas, and database files can be organized to e.g. contain a single tileset or grid, and can be configured to distribute tiles across multiple database files: SQLite Caches.
- Riak Caches
- Proxying Unsupported Requests now supports POST requests (apache module only)
- Locks used for synchronizing mapcache instances can now be stored in memcache, and have a configurable timeout to prevent deadlocks in case of killed instances: Locking Mechanisms
- WMS GetMap requests may now override the default image format: GetMap Image Format
- Intermediate/Hidden grid levels can be used to create higher quality resampled GetMap images, at the cost of higher tile storage (à la MapProxy’s sqrt2 tiles): tileset->use_wms_intermediate_resolution
- Support for worldwind layout of disk stored tiles
- Forward headers to backend WMS servers: Source
- Seeder can log failed seeded tiles, and can replay previously logged failed tiles.
The MapServer Team